This recipe is good to use up any left over or sad-looking vegetables in your fridge. Mushrooms, lettuce and carrots are the only essentials – other than that you can put in whatever’s around and add noodles if you’d like.
2 large mushrooms, finely chopped
2 large carrots, grated
1 Zucchini, finely chopped
3 Celery sticks, finely chopped
3 Spring onions
1 cup peanuts or home made peanut butter
60 ml soy sauce
2 cloves garlic
½ teaspoon ginger
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 cup coriander
1 Iceberg lettuce
- Crush the garlic, chili and ginger until they form a paste. Lightly fry the paste in a wok.
- Place the vegetables and peanuts in the wok and fry on high heat until the vegetables are soft and browned.
- Add the soy sauce and coriander and mix through.
- Take the mix off heat.
- Tear off the lettuce in whole pieces (it’s good to cut them at the base).
- Eat with your hands by wrapping the mix in the lettuce leaves.